• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Couple of odd issues since putting 2.1 on...

I'm using VillainROM 12 now (which I love) and very happy with it apart from a few miscellaneous issues, wondered if anyone else had come across them:

1. I can't seem to save picture attachments from MMS messages, any ideas? I wondered if there might be an app you can use to grab the picture from the message?

2. When my phone first started, the HTC Sense Facebook downloaded all contacts off Facebook and has created a buttload of duplicates of people I already had and also downloaded phone numbers for people I really didn't want. I've turned that functionality off now and wondered if there was anyway to clear the 'People' address book out so I could re-sync with Google to get my contacts back.

Ta. :)

EDIT: To clarify, the extra Facebook contacts I acquired aren't in the People application, they only appear when I click the Phone button, ie, to find a number that way or go to my call history or when I'm typing a recipient into a new text/email. :thinking:

There's an App on the market called Save MMS - grabs pictures, audio & video straight to the SD card.

Just checked the comments and someone has posted that it works on 2.1 although I can't confirm that as I'm one of the poor sods on a branded UK Orange that's still running 1.5 :)

Hope that helps

Doug

Then it's high time you rooted and installed Villain12 I'd say;)

Upvote 0
There's an App on the market called Save MMS - grabs pictures, audio & video straight to the SD card.

Just checked the comments and someone has posted that it works on 2.1 although I can't confirm that as I'm one of the poor sods on a branded UK Orange that's still running 1.5 :)

Hope that helps

Doug

Good man, I found this yesterday and it worked. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones