1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Couple of questions about TB?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by face2off, Feb 22, 2011.

1. face2off

face2off Newbie
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    New to the forums, have been reading them for 3 weeks awaiting for this phone to drop, I have been an avid Blackberry user for 6 years, I guess just the fact I am a corporate stoog, just went with what everyone else had, and it did the trick, it worked oversees. So now I am looking to make the switch, and not to the iPhone.

My questions are would I be able to stream Netflix on the TB? Great option when stuck in Airports as often as I am to kill time. My wife has the Droid X and she can't stream movies.

Secondly, Blackberry was idiot proof, give it to the IT guy and two minutes later you got your emails and calender being updated and you are ready to go, I have heard about Touchdown and some other 3rd party software do they work seamlessly like a Blackberry, or should I anticipate being late to some meetings because my phone didn't sync my calender?

Lastly, is this phone going to be global, I travel to SE Asia a lot would I be able to use it there?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to this phone.

Advertisement

2. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    I read that Snapdragon processors would be the first to get Netflix streaming as soon as it is available, so that is a yes.

On HTC Sense, I have always used the stock email client, which works flawlessly for me.

SE Asia, this CDMA phone will be bad for you, because most SE Asia countries are using GSM.

face2off likes this.
  3. face2off

face2off Newbie
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Thank you

I guess I will keep my blackberry for Asia travel.

4. theacoustician

theacoustician Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    No, the Netflix is a maybe. The only Android phone it's been confirmed on is the LG Revolution. The Rev is using the same processor as the TB, so it's probable.

You can get Netflix to work through PlayOn, but that's a bit different.