• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Couple of questions about the Incredible

Okay, so there are a few things I can't figure out when working with my DInc.

First: How do I make it not flash the LED light or play a notification sound when I get email? I already went to Settings>Sound & Display>Notification Flash, and turned off the email one, but it still flashes my LED every time I have one. Also is there a way to turn off the notification sounds for email as well?

Second: Is there an app that lets you use the camera LED for a flashlight? Droidlight doesn't work on the DInc.

And Third: This isn't really a huge deal, but when sending an SMS, when I have the landscape keyboard out, I have to exit that before I can press the send button. Any keyboards, or other messaging systems that allow me to send it while i still have the keyboard up? Its not a huge deal, but I got so used to it with my MyTouch.

First: How do I make it not flash the LED light or play a notification sound when I get email? I already went to Settings>Sound & Display>Notification Flash, and turned off the email one, but it still flashes my LED every time I have one. Also is there a way to turn off the notification sounds for email as well?

Second: Is there an app that lets you use the camera LED for a flashlight? Droidlight doesn't work on the DInc.

And Third: This isn't really a huge deal, but when sending an SMS, when I have the landscape keyboard out, I have to exit that before I can press the send button. Any keyboards, or other messaging systems that allow me to send it while i still have the keyboard up? Its not a huge deal, but I got so used to it with my MyTouch.

led notification flash is in Sounds and display, all the way at the bottom, got my yahoo mail set to not make a sound but i dont sync my gmail so not sure if/how you can turn sound off for that.
no idea on your 3rd ?

Upvote 0
If u want different notification sounds for text and email, use a 3rd party messaging app and set your sms/mms tone there. Then go to settings > sounds & display > notification sound and use that for emails.

There is one paid led flashlight app that I'm aware of for non rooted incs but last i heard its kinda glitchy and I can't remember the name.

When sending a message in landscape with the stock keyboard, press the menu button, then send.

Upvote 0

<snip>

Touch the Menu soft key, you will see Send there!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones