1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Couple of questions re backing up phone before it's sent for repair

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by goalc, Jul 31, 2011.

1. goalc

goalc Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Hi, I hope someone can help....

My sons Motorola Defy has to be sent back for repair (the internal earpiece has failed, as seems to be common on the Defy) and we have been told that the phone will be completely wiped whilst it is away. The store advised us to backup everything.

As we haven't done this before (I have a HTC DHD and haven't backed mine up either!), can anyone recommend what is the best way of doing this?

I guess that all his contacts will be backed up to his google account, but I presume that any settings/games scores he has on his apps will be lost? Is there anyway to back these up (he is particularly keen to not to have to start Angry Birds all over again :p)? Similarly, when he gets the phone back and re-enters his Google account details, will it know what apps he had previously downloaded and download them automatically, or will he need to make a note of them and then download them manually again?

Finally, he uses his phone for Facebook etc and his email. As well as just removing the app and deleting his email settings, should we be doing anything else to ensure that all his private data is totally removed from the phone?

Many thanks for any advice....

Advertisement

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Mostly retired
    Kansas City, Mo.
    Check into MyBackup pRo, Titanium Backup or Google for instructions on doing a Nandroid backup.

goalc likes this.