1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Couple of questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mercurystar999, Aug 10, 2010.

1. mercurystar999

Am i able to change the inbuilt dictionary as i've added words that shouldn't have and now it is starting to choose them.

I have a hotmail programme and a gmail one. Am i able to amalgamate them into one programme. They also do not seem to get email unless i manually refresh. I have gone into settings but it seems to be ok in there regadring when and how often i want it updated.

Battery seems to be a real stinker, i'm getting roughly 7-8 hours before it's telling me to recharge. No live scenes, wifi off anything i'm missing?

I'm on 3 how do i check to see if i can update to 2.2?

Thanks Neil

2. charlies99

charlies99 Newbie

Dictionary Delete - Settings / Language & Keyboard / Touch input / User Dictionary. Tick the cross next to the word(s) you want to delete !

mercurystar999 likes this.
  3. mercurystar999

My old phone, an E71 had an excellent email programme. It seemed to be instant regarding incoming mail plus i had both the gmail and hotmail accounts synced up to it. Why does my desire not have the email programme as good or is it something i have done?

4. mercurystar999

Anybody please?

5. el_caro

el_caro Newbie

Cannot comment about hotmail accounts but my gmail account syncs without any dramas whatsoever. I do not use the google calendar. I do all contact changes in gmail on the pc and then they sync to the Desire without problem. Mail comes through almost instantly and I can delete at either end. I have sent a copy of my Outlook POP mail to gmail so I can get that as well on the Desire.
    I sync my calendar from Outlook 2007 doing all the changes on the pc and connecting the phone to the pc with the usb - never a problem.

6. mercurystar999

The gmail account that i have and it's working perfect. Is there a way of forwarding the hotmail emails to the gmail accounts?

7. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

yes, Google it. theres a trick you can do to set hotmail up for sms notifications which will allow you to forward from hotmail. ill find a link when I'm home...

edit -here it is

lesterchan.net/blog/2009/02/05/forward-hotmail-to-gmail/

8. mercurystar999

Thanks, now have it being forwarded to gmail and its pretty much instantly to the phone.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews