• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

couple of "s there an app of that" questions

guitarevan07

Nov 27, 2009
Hey guys! New here! Came from the storm 1.

1. I really like DXtop but I'd rather have something that is exactly the standard homescreen layout, except it has more than 3 screens? I want the icons to stay the same etc. Left and right style. No ups downs and such haha.

2. Is there an app similar to cube runner?

3. Is there an app to allow to you unlock the phone using the camera key instead of the top key?

4. Is there an app for the droid that is like limewire where you can download music and such? If so is there a virus scanner app that will scan the files before downloaded?

5. What is everyone's favorite music player?

6. Is there a really good camera app?

Thanks for you all's help!

Hey guys! New here! Came from the storm 1.

1. I really like DXtop but I'd rather have something that is exactly the standard homescreen layout, except it has more than 3 screens? I want the icons to stay the same etc. Left and right style. No ups downs and such haha.

2. Is there an app similar to cube runner?

3. Is there an app to allow to you unlock the phone using the camera key instead of the top key?

4. Is there an app for the droid that is like limewire where you can download music and such? If so is there a virus scanner app that will scan the files before downloaded?

5. What is everyone's favorite music player?

6. Is there a really good camera app?

Thanks for you all's help!

1. There are a lot of home replacement apps. DxTop is probably the only one I haven't tried. If you're looking for basic homescreen functionality with some extras, you can get this with OpenHome, PandaHome, GDE Home, Home++, and probably many others. As far as I know, all (or most) of these programs allow you to keep a standard layout and theme if you want it, albeit with more screens.

2. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with CubeRunner, so I can't answer this one.

3. None that I have found yet. I'm anxiously awaiting this functionality, even though I've grown accustomed to the positioning of my Droid's lock key.

4. I used one called "i Music" (note the space if searching the market) that allows you to download songs by searching. I don't know where it gets them, but chances are you're not gonna get an Android virus. The only problem I ran into was the fact that it crashed constantly on the Droid. They may have fixed this by now, I used it a few weeks ago. You can also use Dizzler, which lets you search for songs and stream them, though you can't download as far as I know.

5. I haven't experimented with replacing the default camera app yet. I know there is one called "FX Camera" that lets you add weird effects, but it seemed slow and gimmicky to me.

Hope this answered a few of your questions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones