1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Couple of text message questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mom2CrazyKids, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Mom2CrazyKids

Mom2CrazyKids Member

Jul 17, 2010
    I have a couple of questions. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Does anyone know if you can delete a single message and not the whole conversation?

2. Sometimes after I send a text it shows that it was sent on the conversation page of that text, but on the main text page it has a little red "x" next to the text. The weird thing is, most of the time the person gets the text so I am not sure why it shows a red "x". Any ideas? It is frusterating because I never know if the person really got the text or not.

3. Last one. Sometimes when I send my sister a text, it comes up as symbols instead of letters. She said just a bunch of little squares show up. I don't know what I am doing different, if anything. Any ideas?

Thanks so much,
    Cari

Advertisement

2. sparky07

sparky07 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    For # 1 - long press on the message you want to delete. A list will pop up and select delete message.

Not sure about 2 and 3. I'm using handcent for messaging and haven't experienced any problems.

3. Mom2CrazyKids

Mom2CrazyKids Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Thank you so much sparky07!!

Anyone else have info on number 2 & 3?

Thanks,
    Cari

4. sparky07

sparky07 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Have you tried using handcent? It is much more customizable than stock. Also the notifications are waaaay better. Oh yeah, and it's free.