• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Couple Problems with Samsung Galaxy Avant

angelofsol

Lurker
Mar 6, 2015
Hi all I'm hoping someone out there can help me with a couple problems I'm having with my new Samsung Galaxy Avant.

I really love Samsung's Galaxy line of phones. I've never had any problems until now. I'm trying to find out if anyone else has had these problems and if so, how I can fix them or if I just have a bad phone that I need to get replaced.

Problem 1, the SD card keeps on randomly unmounting. My phone isn't being dropped, bumped, or jostled when this is occurring. It's happened when it's just been sitting there.

Problem 2, the phone seems to be crashing for no reason. I'll go to turn it on (not ON but when the screen's timed out) and it won't. I'll hit the power button again thinking I missed it (it is placed a bit low on this model compared to what I'm used to) and nothing will happen. I'll wait a minute or so, push the button again and the start screen is what pops up. To boot, just now as I was writing this my phone did straight up crash... it was on and then went to the opening load screen.

Can anyone help me? Or do I just have a bad phone. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Hi all I'm hoping someone out there can help me with a couple problems I'm having with my new Samsung Galaxy Avant.

I really love Samsung's Galaxy line of phones. I've never had any problems until now. I'm trying to find out if anyone else has had these problems and if so, how I can fix them or if I just have a bad phone that I need to get replaced.

Problem 1, the SD card keeps on randomly unmounting. My phone isn't being dropped, bumped, or jostled when this is occurring. It's happened when it's just been sitting there.

Problem 2, the phone seems to be crashing for no reason. I'll go to turn it on (not ON but when the screen's timed out) and it won't. I'll hit the power button again thinking I missed it (it is placed a bit low on this model compared to what I'm used to) and nothing will happen. I'll wait a minute or so, push the button again and the start screen is what pops up. To boot, just now as I was writing this my phone did straight up crash... it was on and then went to the opening load screen.

Can anyone help me? Or do I just have a bad phone. I'm leaning towards the latter.
I don't have these problems, I would say its the phone more than the firmware.

Reactions: anthony_loa
Upvote 0
I don't have these problems, I would say its the phone more than the firmware.
+1
I never get any of these problems either. I'd try to get it replaced. I've ran both MetroPCS and T-Mobile firmwares on my avant extensively and I've only had my phone reboot randomly 2 times in the 4 months I've had it.

Upvote 0
Though I don't have answers about your problems I do have a suggestion on how to at least rule out a hardware issue. I had an issue of mine randomly rebooting, one of the troubleshooting steps that was recommended was to bring the phone to a proper T-Mobile store as they have equipment that run an extensive hardware diagnostic on the phone. I'd call ahead to be sure, of the two nearby stores I called the closest one didn't carry the equipment.

In my case the hardware checked out and the rebooting seemed to be related to software (Google Search's Now Cards).

Upvote 0
Update. I think the memory card was bad and was what was causing the problems.

Metro PCS sent off for a replacement phone and I had to wait a few days. During that time, with the SD card removed the phone never crashed once, nor did I have any of the further problems. I went ahead and took the new phone just in case and sent them back the old one. Just to be sure. I didn't want to randomly stay having problems again. But I really think it was the SD card.

with the new phone and I went out and bought a high quality sd card I've not had any problems. So my advice if anyone comes here because they are having the she problems try removing your sd card first and see if that fixes it. If it seems to buy a good high quality SD card to replace your of one and if you don't have any more problems your SD card was probably the culprit and it went bad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones