1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Couple questions regarding docked mode

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by FastNOC, Aug 10, 2013.

1. FastNOC

FastNOC Newbie
    None

Aug 10, 2013
    hello,

been using droid for a few months now, for the most part i like it but there are a couple things tha really frustrate me and i can't quite figure them out.

1. dock mode. this ridiculous mode would be great if a couple things happened. a. i could figure out how to edit which icons showed at the bottom. b. if I could disable it without removing it from the doc. but unless i am missing something, clicking the little x does not disable it. i can't figure that out.

2. how to completely, forever get rid of that mode that it flips to after docked for a few minutes. it turns to a black screen with the weather and a couple items i have no interest in. it's not daydram, i can't even figure out what that thing is.

I really want to customize this thing, but for all the great things droid does, it sure seems restricted in some of the most simple things that should be easy. am i wrong?

first, i don't mind the dock mode but there's problem. it docks when i plug it into the dock i have, no sweat, but it also docks when i put it in the mount in the car. just because it's plugged into a charger doesn't mean it's docked. is there a way to make it so it only docks......when it's docked?

second, how can i turn ALL of this stuff off? if i can't figure out how to make it work the way i want, i would just rather turn it off completely but i can't find anywhere that i can stop it from going into dock mode. is that even possible?

sorry if i sound frustrated, these things are so basic and simple yet not easy to do, and i can't figure out why

Advertisement

2. FastNOC

FastNOC Newbie
    None

Aug 10, 2013
    oh one other thing that just started happeniong.

this never happened before, but now, every time someone texts me, it puts a copy of it in my inbox and shows unread mail... seriously? is this on purpose? how can i disable that

3. FastNOC

FastNOC Newbie
    None

Aug 10, 2013
    man i have to apologize. i didn't mean to come off so crappy in that post. it's just frustration. I will say, beyond doubt, i LOVE the android compared to OSX, and i actually feel like i missed out using an iPhone for so long and not moving over earlier.

I had a note II, but it was too big so i gave it to my g/f and bought an S4 instead. overall I'm very happy. just need to figure these little things out.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Which phone exactly are you using? And what Android version.

5. FastNOC

FastNOC Newbie
    None

Aug 10, 2013
    sorry, i repli8ed just before you about the phone, it's an S4. using 4.2.2

6. FastNOC

FastNOC Newbie
    None

Aug 10, 2013
    Anyone?

what i'd really like to do is disable that black screensaver thing that shows the time and weather. and edit the icons/apps the dock screen shows.

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Weird, my reply didn't post. You're using a newer version of TouchWiz so I can't be sure, but in my phone you can edit the dock in the clock app. Just scroll across the tabs at the top (alarms, timer, etc). The dock option is a bit hidden.