• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Couple questions thinking of switching from the s4

mach1man

Android Expert
Feb 22, 2010
woods of VA
Ok so right now I have a rooted S4 and I'm thinking about switching to the DNA but I have a few questions

1) can you view emojis on Facebook and instagram or do you have to be on a custom ROM

2) how is the storage space on the DNA, how is it with root like holding ROMs and backups

3) what kinda camera modes are there? The s4 has burst, action, best face, etc

4) how's the battery life?

5) what's the biggest gripe/problems with the dna

Ok so right now I have a rooted S4 and I'm thinking about switching to the DNA but I have a few questions

1) can you view emojis on Facebook and instagram or do you have to be on a custom ROM

Dont have facebook, but on instagram I can see emoji's but if you are talking about all of them to put one in? then I am not so sure.

2) how is the storage space on the DNA, how is it with root like holding ROMs and backups

I haven't jumped into the custom roms yet but the storage space is plenty! 16gb is nice

3) what kinda camera modes are there? The s4 has burst, action, best face, etc

You have 16 effects in the camera, and for video you have slow motion video. for camera you have scene, and you can choose which scene you want (normal, landscape, portrait, backlight, night) you also have panorama, and group portrait. I dont think im forgetting anything

4) how's the battery life?

GREAT! where i work signal is nearly non existent so the battery drains pretty quick, I also have wifi on, bluetooth and gps. I occasionally play bathroom games :p and my battery life stays above 50% this is starting from 745am I will also have music playing for about 2 hours while at the gym, go home with everything on, it sits and doesnt get used much and by the time i go to bed around 11pm it has 30% battery left. Hope that helps you.

5) what's the biggest gripe/problems with the dna

I really dont like the messaging, my issue is when i get a text message and back out completely, If i reopen my messages it keeps the previous message there for half a second. It isnt a game changer, just a nuisance.

Hope that helps

Reactions: mach1man
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones