1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Couple Questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrPunem, May 6, 2011.

1. MrPunem

MrPunem Lurker
    None

May 3, 2011
    Got teh A500 for my wife for mothers day and am trying to load up some stuff to personalize it for her before I give it to her, and plus gives me a chance to play with it.

Is there a way to personalize the backgrounds with pictures of our daughters?

Is there any trick to using the gps or do you have to have a wifi connection?

Any really handy apps I should download, for free?

I have an Ipod touch so android is very new to me but seem like once I figure out what I am doing, it should be a great product

Also whats up with the speaker when recording? When I talk while I hold it i can hear myself perfect, but for the person I am taping I can barely hear.

Thx in advance

Advertisement

2. michaelg1030

michaelg1030 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    I van answervsome of those. You can change the background to any pic on thebtab. Just long press on the home screen and click wallpapers and set it. You can't put multiple photos though. If you use picasa,Google's free photo editing software, on ur PC you can make a collage of photos and that would suit your needs I suppose.

The GPS should work with wifi off, but remember google maps requires data to download the maps. DL GPS status andvput tab in airplane mode and make sure wifi is off and GPS is on. If GPS status doesntbfind any satillites, take the tab back for a new one.

Apps.....just search the market.

The mic is on the front of the tab so if you don't turn it so the screen is facing the person talking it will not sound great.