• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Court Upheld Injunction today: Banned In Germany :/

The German court made its final decision today, the Tab 10.1 is banned in germany... :/

Droid Den Samsung vs Apple [German Banning Edition]

This could mean bad news for the other cases apple has brought to samsung in various places such as holland, japan, australia and even America..

Looks like Samsung could appeal, but that wuill take a decent chunk of time, so right now its looking like it will stay banned..

How do you patent "Minamilistic Design"? Sheesh does this mean I owe Apple if I use a blank piece of paper now? Because you cant get more "minimal" than that.

Sometimes it seems like there is something hinky going on with these courts granting these ludicrous injuctions to Apple. I know Im probably full of it, but come on!!! It seems like Apple is going to patent "A process in which air moves in and out of biological constructs allowing for continuing operation" and get an injuction against us all!

Upvote 0
I'm not so sure Apple is going to benefit from all these law suits very much, as far as public relations goes. The only ones enjoying this "victory" will likely be hard core, center of the apple fanzies (I think "fanboy" is sexist, so I use fanziers to mean the same thing :D).

Doubt that is gonna be the case.

P.S.

Apple's evidence:

According to Apple, SGT10.1 looks like this compared to Ipad2

Did Apple submit false evidence to the German court that blocked sales of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Europe?

gsmarena_001.png

And not:

gsmarena_002.png

Here is a photo of both (accompanied by Tab 8.9)

Apple iPad 2 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 vs Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

gsmarena_001.jpg

How stupid do you have to be to tamper with stuff like that?

Upvote 0
"other designs are possible" how else can you design a touch screen tablet? :mad:

Oh well, sucks to live in Germany I guess.

Yea...its like RCA suing Zeneth for putting a power button on a remote.

The iPad2 & SGT10.1 couldn't look & feel more different as large touch screen devices go.

The iPad2 has a sort of natural portrait viewing mode and is more square like in shape.

The SGT10.1 has a more natural landscape viewing mode (because of the dimension difference), is missing a Home Button, and has a completely different volume rocker & power button position. In addition, the SGT10.1" has stereo sound with speakers located on each end of the tablet. The iPad2 has 1 mono speaker located at the bottom of the pad.

And thats just the physical form factor of the devices.....thats not even getting into how different the Operating Systems are....and ultimately what the device is used for.

It's fairly obvious this is a retaliation strike on a competitor that's managed to match the sleekness and slim profile. If THAT is what Apple has a patent on, well......any rational human being can recognize how rediculous that is.

Upvote 0
The German court made its final decision today, the Tab 10.1 is banned in germany... :/

Droid Den Samsung vs Apple [German Banning Edition]

This could mean bad news for the other cases apple has brought to samsung in various places such as holland, japan, australia and even America..

Looks like Samsung could appeal, but that wuill take a decent chunk of time, so right now its looking like it will stay banned..

The case in the Netherlands about the tab has been lost by Apple. The only won a small case on the Galaxy II , that can be fixed with a sw update.

But winning a case as in Germany around the design of a tablet seems ridiculous. That is way to protective of a monopolist vendor.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones