• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coverage in Miami, FL

Was in downtown Miami, FL over weekend for Miami marathon. Wherever I went in the major downtown area (near convention center) I had no or poor or roaming service. Not sure what the problem was.... Any thoughts?

From what I can see, it may be related to NV. Service seems to get slightly worse before it gets better when you're in the vicinity of towers being converted to NV standards.

Upvote 0
Actually most of Dade County was using Sprint/Nextel and almost every law Enforcement or EMT worker had a PTT phone of some type. Many of Port Authority/Airport workers also used Nextel in fact probably half the state of Florida was at one time a Sprint/Boost customer.

I don't know if anything changed in the past few years but coverage was always much worse Broward rather then Dade. Which is what drew me to Sprint being able to make calls even inside stores until a few years back. Then one day even places with great coverage got weaker and weaker until there were dead zones everywhere.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones