• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Covers that save the camera lens from scratching

I'm getting my Desire soon, and I'm worried about protecting the phone properly. Specifically, I've heard that people have problems with the camera lens getting scratched because the phone rests on it if you lay it down on its back. Are there any cheap cases out there that can help solve the resting-on-the-lens problem? A cheap gel case off of ebay would be ideal. :D

Also, what other steps should I take to protect the camera lens?

The camera lens itself is protected by the rear casing of the Desire. But to protect that you could buy a screen protector that comes with an extra circular cover specifically for that part.

That's what I have and I've had no problems so far. I believe it is possible to get official replacement rear covers should you need one, not sure how much.

Upvote 0
The camera lens itself is protected by the rear casing of the Desire. But to protect that you could buy a screen protector that comes with an extra circular cover specifically for that part.

That's what I have and I've had no problems so far. I believe it is possible to get official replacement rear covers should you need one, not sure how much.

Adding to this, the protective "lens" on the back case itself is recessed, so iy you put it on a clear, level surface the protective "lens" will not scratch. If there is grit on the surface it may.

I would suggest the pocket is a worse place for it but Ive had mine since may and no scratches,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones