• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Covid Vaccination.....did you get yours yet?(boosters included)

I'm sorry about your brother. I am hoping that he gets well. I hope his immediate family is well also.
Yes, me too, @Clementine_3. I got so carried away venting that I forgot to say I'm sorry about your brother. Please let us know what happens...

Upvote 0
Are you okay? I hope it's just mild. Let us know how you're doing.

It's been a long week, but I was never in any danger. Loss of smell is annoying, though. The only food that was actually still enjoyable to eat has been hot/sour soup from the local Chinese place.

Upvote 0
It's been a long week, but I was never in any danger. Loss of smell is annoying, though. The only food that was actually still enjoyable to eat has been hot/sour soup from the local Chinese place.
I'm very happy to hear you weren't seriously ill. Thanks for the update!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Actually, the J&J vaccine has always been reported as less effective, but "less" does not mean it's not effective. I think the original numbers were that Moderna and Pfizer were 90% to 95% effective in preventing severe disease and J&J was more in the 70% to 80% range. That's still pretty outstanding considering any vaccine over 40% is considered effective. The statement I heard from the CDC was that Pfizer and Moderna are recommended over J&J because there have been rare instances of blood clots in recipients of the J&J vaccine. And since we have enough of the others, why not recommend those first?

For the record, the numbers were 56 confirmed cases of blood clots with 9 of those resulting in death. It's also primarily in women under the age of 55. I don't want to downplay the problems those people suffered, or dismiss anyone's death, but 56 cases out of 17 million+ shots is statistically zero (0.0000035) risk.

Upvote 0
You can mix and match now, I originally had Pfizer but asked for Modena for my booster. Not sure when they changed the rules but when booster time came around for me they had.

I'm sure it depends on what country you're in, what the govt and health authorities decide. Here, I had no choice, my booster was Coronavac, as that was what I already had two jabs of. And my dad in the UK, the doc strongly recommended Pfizer, as that was what he was already jabbed with.

I'm still getting email reminders from the NHS to have my first jab, and there's no chance of that of course.

Upvote 0
I was in the UK and by the time the booster program reached my age group, everybody was offered an mRNA vaccine regardless of what you had been given before. As for which of the two (Pfizer/moderna) you were offered, that was entirely dependent on which vaccination centre you chose and what they happened to have in stock. Personally speaking, doses 1 and 2 of pfizer were pretty easy going, but my moderna booster hit me much harder.

Upvote 0
I was in the UK and by the time the booster program reached my age group, everybody was offered an mRNA vaccine regardless of what you had been given before. As for which of the two (Pfizer/moderna) you were offered, that was entirely dependent on which vaccination centre you chose and what they happened to have in stock. Personally speaking, doses 1 and 2 of pfizer were pretty easy going, but my moderna booster hit me much harder.
I've heard that Moderna tends to produce a stronger reaction (on average), but also seems to have the best long-term response. So there is that.

But yeah, in the UK it's mRNA regardless, which means anyone who had AZ originally will get a mix. And as you say, where someone's original was an mRNA there is no rule that says that the boosters should be the same type. If anything the evidence would slightly favour mixing them, but in practice it comes down to what they are using that day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xyro and Steven58
Upvote 0
I haven't gotten any shots or boosters. My wife thinks that she, myself and our daughter got covid back in October or November of 2019 a couple of months before it became a thing here in the states and around the world and people lost their minds and common sense.
I remember for a week maybe ten days I felt absolutely horrible:mad::thumbsdowndroid::spitoutdroid:.
I had no energy, I was sluggish, no appetite, headaches came and went. I was miserable:oops:. Then I did a 34 hour reset and all I did was sleep, drink insane amounts of orange juice and water, use the bathroom, go back to sleep, get up drink more orange juice, go back to sleep, get up go use the bathroom and go back to sleep.
I remember going back to sleep and waking up a good nine hours later. When I did I felt amazing:D:batdroid::thumbsupdroid: I had all this energy, I could think clearly but the thing I really remember is I was starving, I hadn't eaten anything in days I hadn't been able to keep anything down.
I am one of those people that people would call an anti vaxer , my response is to tell those people no I am anti not thinking for yourself.
First off I do believe in vaccines, I think that are plenty of vaccines out there that are generally for the good of people.
However I have serious issues with all these covid vaccines and boosters:maddroid:. For the record I have never for one second believe that covid 19 started out in some lab over china.
My stance has always been that it originate in the United States and then through some exchange program various strains of what we come to understand as covid ended up in labs around the world
I truly believe covid is man made and that the original covid 19 and all these strains that have come after wards were engineered.
I think we are going to continue to see new strains popping up around the world, and of course big pharma will be there with some booster or some vaccine .
I also believe that some variation of covid will roll around that poses absolutely no threat and big pharma will be like this a minor strain, you're current booster or vaccine shot will adequate to protect you and if you haven't gotten any shots or boosters , we strongly believe that the current strain poses little or no threat to public health and safety.
Of course six months later a different variant of that minor strain will pop up and it will wreck havoc, it will spread rapidly and it will be deadly. of course big pharma will be ready with a vaccine in a few weeks and then booster shots.:cashdroid::maskeddroid::maddroid::thumbsdowndroid:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones