• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CPU killing battery, please help!!

daga81

Lurker
Feb 10, 2011
Hi all,

I am getting desperate with the CPU usage of my phone. The battery doesn't stay alive more than 10 hours because the CPU It is always using around 50% of battery use.

I've tried installing watchdog, to control de CPU usage, i have it in agressive mode but it give me no alerts. I also have juice defender, with ultimate juice installed, and nothing changes.

I don't have many apps installed, just 9, and they are:

Autokiller Memory
Brigthness level widget
Juice defender
Juiceplotter
Rush hour
SeePU
Slideit Keyboard
Watchdog
WeatherBug elite

I had just recieved the phone reseted by the manufacturer, and I have reseted myself again, but still doing the same.

Please help me out!!

Regards,

Daga81

From the list I would guess it's the Autokiller memoery (if it's killing thing regularly that will probably eat CPU) there are many threads elsewhere about the benefits of task killers (if that's what this one is?) so I won't go into that, personally I don't use one.

Other than that if you go into watchdog > CPU and tick real time (you can ignore the warning for now) see what runs near the top of the list (apart from watchdog itself).

You can also configure watchdog to notify you if an app uses more than a certain % of CPU, that could help too...

Upvote 0
Its a LG optimus one P500, with froyo.

I've uninstalled the autokiller (no need with watchdog) and I have just started the realtime CPU in watchdog and the Android System is the task that is making the biggest use of the CPU. But, that is part of the OS, isn't it?

these are the stats of the battery use:

4 h 36 min since unplugged (and I have just 66% left)

Android System 50%
display 23%
cell standby 21%
Android OS 4%
Phone Idle 3%.

Upvote 0
I had just recieved the phone reseted by the manufacturer, and I have reseted myself again, but still doing the same.
Did you run without installing anything after wiping? I mean, if you just loaded every app you had before wiping then you defeated the purpose of wiping. You need to single out the app that's causing this (or determine if it's not even an app that's to blame).

Upvote 0
Is there anything in the alerts section of watchdog (after you leave your phone running for a day) it might be something that only runs every so often..

The other thought would be if it's synching (especially over a not very good 3G signal) all day... I have my mobile data turned off most of the time and leave wifi on instead seems to be easier on battery life, especially as the 3G signal round here makes the phone have to fight to keep a signal)...

Upvote 0
i think I've found the problem,

I have compared my phone with another Optimus one. When they both are locked and I press a button, both light the screen, the other one, after 5 secs or so, switchs of, but mine doesn't, instead it is on forever, and kills the battery.

I have uploaded a small video to show it to you:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Do you know how can I fix this?

Thanks,

Daga81

Upvote 0
Uninstall all the monitoring stuff.
Install Android assistant.
It gives you the option to monitor what is runing and what is draining your battery. You can also kill apps, but it wont do it automatically.
You have also an "auto boost" button, which kills background processes.

Install also screen lock. Put it on your desktop and turn the phone off manually.
I have my sleep mode time set to 1 min, but turn my phone always instantly off when I dont need it. But before that, I use the "quick boost" button to kill backgroung processes, before I put it to sleep mode.

Just think about it, if you use your phone 50 times a day, if you always wait till it turns itself off, it is 50mins per day turned on for no reason.

So turn it off.

Thats all od the you need IMO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones