• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CPU Tuner and undervolt

Thatdad

Android Expert
Jun 4, 2013
South Georgia
Forgive me if there is already a thread about this..

But I have a Huawei Premia 4g, rooted, but with stock ROM. I just recently decided to use the app CPU Tuner.

I got the basics down.. Simple and Powerful Config,Govener set on Save Battery, but other than that I left as is with Usage at anywhere between 260-470 mA/h.

I still only lose around 15-20% every 2-4 hours.. But I feel as if I could utilize this app to be able to give my battery more longevity.. But I am no where near experienced with this app, modifying CPU, or undervolt.

Based on experience.. who can help me find the best possible (safe) setup?

I am willing to let go of some performance for battery life so that is not much of an issue.. (as long as it isn't super slow that is!)

Any help I could get I would be very thankful. I think this would be a good thread to have around considering the greatest weakness of the Premia is the fact the battery is just so taxing.

I never used the app you speak of but if you are willing to try a better alternative I recommend Setcpu it let's you set the frequency of your CPU. You can set up profiles to underclock your phone when screen is off, during a call and overall almost everything and when your running a game or some power demanding app you can set it up to work at 1512 for better performance. This will really increase your battery life if set up correctly. Additionally there is a 2500 mAh battery on Ontrion.com I got it a week ago and it really is a lot better than stock 1650.

Reactions: Thatdad
Upvote 0
I never used the app you speak of but if you are willing to try a better alternative I recommend Setcpu it let's you set the frequency of your CPU. You can set up profiles to underclock your phone when screen is off, during a call and overall almost everything and when your running a game or some power demanding app you can set it up to work at 1512 for better performance. This will really increase your battery life if set up correctly. Additionally there is a 2500 mAh battery on Ontrion.com I got it a week ago and it really is a lot better than stock 1650.

I actually tried Setcpu. For some reason it didnt work. As of now my battery is around 64% (It was at 89% around 8:00)

What is the difference in performance in the 2500 mAh as well as size compared to stock? Any pictures?

Upvote 0
I can tell you that now the battery lasts me a whole day with heavy usage. The battery is twice as thick but only the lower part of the phone is thicker which I don't really mind and it makes it easier to grip the phone. This phone has a really bad stock battery and since it has a pretty fast CPU and lte that drains the battery really quickly make sure not to have too many things running in the background.

Upvote 0
I actually tried Setcpu. For some reason it didnt work. As of now my battery is around 64% (It was at 89% around 8:00)

What is the difference in performance in the 2500 mAh as well as size compared to stock? Any pictures?
What Rom are you using? Any of my roms I use my battery lasts up to 20 hours before it gets too low. Things that will kill your battery the fastest is the radio and Wi-Fi scanning for service. Also, what governors are you guys using in these cpu clocking apps?

Upvote 0
What Rom are you using? Any of my roms I use my battery lasts up to 20 hours before it gets too low. Things that will kill your battery the fastest is the radio and Wi-Fi scanning for service. Also, what governors are you guys using in these cpu clocking apps?

Thank you for your response boneface. I'm assuming my Rom would just be considered Stock? (My phones memory is to low for Nandroid so Rom Manager won't allow itself to work) As for the governers.. Heres what CPU Tuner says:

Governer: Save Battery
Governer: ondemand
Threshold Up: 90
Active CPUs: 2/2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones