1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

CPW selling Desire with Android 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by westbros, Sep 9, 2010.

1. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    I thought you'd like to know that Carphone Warehouse are now selling Desire phones with Android 2.2 pre-loaded. I bought my Desire yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to discover that I didn't need to download FroYo.

I'm just feeling my way around the phone now and having loads of fun, but I'm sure I'll be posting lots of questions now while I try to figure out how to do this, that and the other. :)

Advertisement

2. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Male
    what network are you on?

3. riki1kenobi

riki1kenobi Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Bolton UK
    When I had to send back my first Desire (Dodgy Screen) the replacement I got already had Froyo pre-installed on it. That was over a month ago now......I was a bit annoyed at first as I had my first phone rooted and set up the way I wanted it and (initially anyway) you couldnt root 2.2. So I just got on with it as is, now though I dont see the need to root it ;)

I am on Orange, but the CPW send out unbranded/unlocked phones anyway.

4. westbros

Aug 8, 2010
    I am on 3 UK, but it makes no difference in the CPW as they sell unlocked phones that you can put any SIM in.

5. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Male
    yeah it seems to have gone very quiet on the Orange front in regards to 2.2 even though I have been posting twitter messages to Connor.

6. ianb11

ianb11 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Mine came with 2.2 already on :)

7. dolmen

dolmen New Member

Aug 12, 2010
    whats the brown Desire really like out of CPW? I don't like the sound of it and have been waiting to see if I can buy a black version!

TIA

8. westbros

Aug 8, 2010
    As far as I know the black Desire is only available from Orange. Personally I wouldn't go there - I don't know for sure if this is the case, but on every other phone I've had from Orange (and I was with them for 15 years until last week) there is massive Orange branding and I believe they've done the same with their Desire.

The standard Desire isn't actually all that brown. The bottom edge and the back is a dark chocolate brown bordering on a slate grey. The metal frame around the screen is more of a bronze colour that in certain lights takes on a lovely indigo shade.

I have it in a black leather flip case with brown stitching that I bought from Amazon that complements the Desire beautifully. :)

Tags: