• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Crack on the non-crucial screen, I have insurance, What can I get?

jphenow

Lurker
Jun 14, 2010
I got a pretty decent crack in my eris screen last night. And we DO have the insurance I believe. If my belief is correct and i decide to go in and do something about it, what will the guys at Verizon do? Do I get an eris still or is EOL gonna screw me or help me or anything? Its really just sort of a visual screw up - I haven't touched the functional screen YET so I'm not in much of a hurry thus far.

Thanks!

P.S. I guess I haven't looked to hard recently - is there any functional 2.2 for eris here or on the way?

I think in the case of the cracked screen, he would have to use his official "insurance" and not his warranty. In that case, it would be a new unit, but he'd have to pay the $50 deductible.

2.2 sounds like it isn't coming to Eris.

That may be true. I think it's a matter of bringing the phone to VZW and finding out what kind of customer service represetative you draw.

Upvote 0
i wish verizon handled insurance differently. it would be nice to be able to just get a credit for the broken phone and pay the difference for a new phone (such as the incredible or droid 2 perhaps ;)) but then there would be those people that intentionally break their phone and mess it up for the rest of us honest people. :/ *sigh*

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones