• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hello, I own a Samsung Galaxy Precedent, given by a friend, his story is that he dropped it from a couch and now the screen is mostly all black when you turn it on (aside from the "inside" crack on the upper right corner). The screen is fine, nothing cracked physically, but underneath the screen is where the problem is. Perhaps it is the amoled that is cracked? I believe so.
Anyways, does anybody know a fix for this? Anywhere I can take it? Anything I can replace the amoled or whatever they call it underneath the screen?
Anything cheap I'm up for... and thanks in advanced! :)

P.S. There was no warranty put on this, makes things a little hard I know but looking for a fix for this seems impossible for me. I have searched all over the internet.

Any ideas?

Ah, Pure, well thank you very much. I back your research up by looking it up myself actually and found out that the Prevail and the Precedent are just about similar in every way. That is a huge save for $100 and well worth to try this. I appreciate your help :)
Well ... it's actually only a savings of $80 (Walmart.com: Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Precedent Android Prepaid Smartphone: Cell Phones) but it is a saving. (And if you make a video, it might help some people who have to get into the phone for other reasons.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones