• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cracked my evo screen terribly - replacement?

lyons238

Android Enthusiast
May 21, 2010
yeah so i was drunk the other night and i dropped my phone. picked it up and the entire screen was spider cracked, there's not even a 1/2 inch of non cracked screen on the phone lol. but the phone does still work and i can still use it just fine if that helps any. also, i do have the $8 premier insurance but im pretty sure you have to pay $100 for a new phone. im broke and in college right now and cannot afford that.

so i was wondering what parts do i need to fix this? just the glass lcd lens like this?
Amazon.com: HTC Evo 4g Replacement Touch Screen Digitizer Lens Part: Electronics

or do i need the whole lcd screen like this?
Amazon.com: HTC Evo 4g Replacement LCD Screen Display - Small Flex Cable: Electronics

or do i need both?

also does anyone have any tips on replacing the screen?

any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hi, I have replaced a digitizer screen..... Two in fact and it is fairly simple. There are step by step instructions on ifixit.com...... Keep in mind that you only need to cut around the edges after everything is apart and lift it out. I used liguid nails rather than the adhesive because I had heard about separation problems. Works great....

Good Luck:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones