1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cracked Screen in Galaxy S3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 4Clyde, Jul 26, 2013.

1. 4Clyde

4Clyde Lurker

Has anyone had any experience with Gadget Doctor USA? I cracked the glass in my Android s3 and watched the tutorial by Gadget Doctor on YouTube on "glass screen replacement, repair, change" and was impressed with the ease of the process. You can also purchase the supplies from their website. I checked Amazon and the part prices are excellent. Any personal opinions or experiences worth sharing out there?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Is it just the outer glass youre replacing?
    All i can say is ive read more bad than good stories tbh. Be really careful around the bottom right of the screen (like to the right of the home button) and good luck man :beer:

3. 4Clyde

4Clyde Lurker

Hopefully the outer glass is the only issue. The replacement kit includes glass, new tape and the YouTube tutorial is excellent. Thanks for the input!!

funkylogik likes this.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Thanks man. Let us know how it goes and give tips :beer::beer: good luck

5. Like the guys above said, its all very possible to fix it if the outer portion of the screen is cracked, however I think you might be fried if the bottom layer is damaged since that's where the touchscreen sensors are.

6. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

Also don't scratch, nik or over heat the Digitizer.

7. 4Clyde

4Clyde Lurker

Thank you all for taking time to advise. Is there anyone out there eho has experience directly with company and tutorials on YouTube? Thanks again.

8. phonebuddy

phonebuddy Newbie

Are the digitizer and the glass portion fused together on the Galaxy S3? That would be my only concern. Have you tried taking the phone apart yet, to take a look at how its assembled?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews