1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cracked Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by catiedid92, Feb 20, 2011.

1. catiedid92

catiedid92 Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    About five months ago, I cracked my HTC Eris' screen by dropping it. The images on the screen are still visible and whatnot, and I was going to continue using the phone until it began to freeze up on me and, eventually, reboot without warning every few minutes.

It's not a full reboot I don't think--just the "HTC quietly brilliant" and the Verizon Wireless screen, but if I just leave the phone sitting out it does that over and over again, even when I don't try to use the phone. If I do try to use the phone, I can usually get past the screen unlock and scroll to a new screen before it reboots. Sometimes it freezes for a bit before it reboots, though I don't know if it's actually freezing or if the screen just stops responding.

I made do with an old Blackberry for several months, but last night the trackball popped out and I can't get it back in. I really don't feel like buying a new phone, so I am thinking of replacing my Eris' touch screen--but do you guys think that would fix the randomly rebooting problem? I don't want to spend $40 on a screen I can't use.

Advertisement

2. metlcat

metlcat Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 24, 2010
    Law School Student
    Is your phone still under warrantee? If so, I'd take it to a verizon store and get it swapped out for a refurb.

Otherwise, there might be some useful information here: Eris cracked screen help - xda-developers