1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Cracked Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rjsfocus3, May 22, 2013.

1. rjsfocus3

rjsfocus3 New Member

May 22, 2013
    I have a Galaxy Note 2. It worked great, I love it, however the other day I dropped it, and despite having a cover, the screen is now cracked pretty badly. The phone still works, but the screen does not come on. I can hear it, the blue light comes on, and I can plug it into my computer to see the files, but the phone screen itself won't work. Is this a simple fix as just replacing the screen, or is there a chance something else has broken on it? And if so, how hard is it to replace the screen?

Thanks
    Rich

Advertisement

2. WeedEX

WeedEX New Member

May 23, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    I dropped my phone yesterday and cracked the glass, my phone still works perfectly. It sounds like you've also broken the lcd panel and possibly digitizer, this is actually a fairly easy fix, but a replacement glass/lcd/digitizer is gonna set you back about $250, you can probly find it cheaper online, there are lots of videos on youtube about disassembly. the note 2 comes apart much easier than the s3. I'm just now waiting to get my new glass and replace that. I replaced the glass on my iphone 3g a while back, but the iphone 3g was the easiest phone to get into ever.