1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support cracked touch panel

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by czan12, Jul 19, 2013.

1. czan12

czan12 Newbie
    None

Nov 6, 2012
    california
    any idea how much would it cost to get my phone repair i live on anaheim
    help me out here pls

Advertisement

2. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast
    None

Do you have a Motion? I don't see the Motion listed as the device you have.
    If indeed you do have a Motion, what is broken? Is the lcd broken, or the digitizer? A simple search pulled this up for the lcd. LG Motion 4G MS770 LCD Screen Replacement , thats 16 bucks. I found this for the digitizer Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Lens Replacement for LG MetroPCS MS770 Motion 4G | eBay

Thats 24 bucks, so if you do it yourself it will only cost you the parts. I would guess and say you can have it replaced by a service tech for around 35-50 bucks. Depending on what it costs to get it replaced, I would just say buy another brand new phone. Good luck. ;)

3. czan12

czan12 Newbie
    None

Nov 6, 2012
    california
    Yes i have the motion i just havent undated my profile here i was thinking about doing.it myself but i domt have right tools and im afraid i might not be able put it back together since i was not good on putting back things, i also found one which cost 79 but i think its a rip off cuz the parts only cost 20 so the should only be around 40 or 50

4. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Android Expert
    None

There is a local chain of phone repair places that has a big electronic billboard that says IPhonie screens replaced $79.

That does not sound unreasonable to me, $30 for parts, $50 for labor. It IS a PIA.

Of course, I also understand when there's only $20 difference between fixing and new but a phone isn't the only place that's common now.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Tags: