• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Crackling Audio on LG Thrill 4G

ZookGuy

Lurker
Apr 14, 2012
So because of a technical issue, I just had my LG Thrill replaced with a refurbished model by AT&T today and I encountered a problem with the replacement phone. I tried listening to a song on MOG and got annoyed with audio crackling, so figuring it was a problem with the MOG app, I switched over to Google Music and the audio was still crackling. However, YouTube was sounding fine so I just figured it was a downloaded app problem and deleted than reinstalled MOG and Google Music with both sounding perfectly fine. After an hour or two of good audio, it begins crackling again. On MOG, Youtube, Google Music, whenever sound is needed. I know it's not a headphone jack problem because the crackling also comes through when I play it on the internal speakers. Anyone have any ideas on what to do about it?

So because of a technical issue, I just had my LG Thrill replaced with a refurbished model by AT&T today and I encountered a problem with the replacement phone. I tried listening to a song on MOG and got annoyed with audio crackling, so figuring it was a problem with the MOG app, I switched over to Google Music and the audio was still crackling. However, YouTube was sounding fine so I just figured it was a downloaded app problem and deleted than reinstalled MOG and Google Music with both sounding perfectly fine. After an hour or two of good audio, it begins crackling again. On MOG, Youtube, Google Music, whenever sound is needed. I know it's not a headphone jack problem because the crackling also comes through when I play it on the internal speakers. Anyone have any ideas on what to do about it?

I love this phone, but if I can't listen to music I'm going to throw it away.. please help. Every sound, even factory ringtone, glitch/crack every 5-30sec

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones