• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

craigslist got me screw!!

4drgsrc5

Lurker
Mar 26, 2012
well like the title says "craigslist got me screw!" i got a samsung attain on craigslist for $80.. i check the esn b4 i bought it an it was good.. 4 day after i got it, i call metro to transfer my number and they say that the phone was report it lost or stolen and i couldnt activated, so i call the guy that i got from and he say that hi took the phone to metro b4 and they toll him that he had to wait for like 2week cause it was under someones account that has not been paid for 2week, thats the reason he sold it cheap...
i was able to get the number that the phone was under and i called.
was a chick saying that her phone was stolen on "3/9/12" from a party..
the date i called metro to check was 3/20/12 and they say it was fine..
on 3/24/12 was the day i try to put under my account and they say i couldnt ...sooo someone is a lier!!lol
so i call metro insurence and they toll me that seens the person the report it, got a new replasment ,the old phone became insurence property and there was no way to activated not even if the person who report it would call...
so wat can i do now?? is there a way or something that i can do??can i wait few weeks b4 i can activated?? can i flash it to boost mobile or cricket?
any help would be apreciated!!thanx in advance for any help!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones