1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Crappy contact pic images - and solution!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kingp, Apr 14, 2011.

1. kingp

kingp Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 19, 2010
    IT Systems Consultant
    Murfreesboro, TN
    So I'm back to the EVO after 3 weeks on Windows Phone. I had the HTC Arrive and it was a really good device, and the OS was really great too (never thought I'd say that about WinMo), but I missed my "Hummer". I turned it back in for an EVO.

My apologies if folks here already knew what I'm about to post, but I didn't see one specific to this, for the EVO.

When I first had the EVO, I noticed that my contact images looked like crap. I synced with Google Contacts and I thought that HTC had some how screwed them up. Turns out it's actually Google's fault. The pic size is limited to 96x96 pixels in Contacts. Because of the EVO's screen size, this resolution isn't enough to give you a good image, so it shows up looking pixelated and distorted.

You can remedy this problem by saving the contact as a local contact on the phone, and then replace the image. Also you can sync to Facebook if your contacts are there, they will use whatever image facebook has, completely bypassing Google contacts.

Hope this was helpful.

Advertisement

2. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    The only problem with that is I think one of the most substantial features of android is the ability to save your contacts on the cloud. I change roms pretty regularly and it's nice to be able to just log in and have all of the contacts dump back into it.

Tags: