1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Crappy Signal at Home? CAll Sprint for AirRave

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LittleRedDot, Jan 13, 2012.

1. LittleRedDot

LittleRedDot Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 23, 2011
    On advice of a senior member I called sprint to talk about the crappy service I get at home, and they sent me a free airrave tower. It runs off broadband internet and has an external antenna for mobile and GPS service. Took me from an average -111 dBm to an average -47 dBm in my apartment, and the GPS locks instantly and is accurate to within inches (it seems). The tower is free as long as you're account is in goood standing with sprint, and they got it out to me in less than a week. All I had to do was promise to return it within 30 days of canceling my service.

So if you have crappy service at home or in the office, call sprint and request a mini tower. It doesn't help with 4G coverage, but I now get solid 3G in my house!

Advertisement

ocnbrze and esthernrob like this.
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    well the airave is not free but if you complain to them then they have been known to help you out and send you one. it will depend on the operator though.

3. SmoovC

SmoovC Member
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    Graham, Kracka'!
    I live in an area where it does not matter what carrier you are on, service sucks. When our Company switched 8 lines to Sprint, I called while still within the 30 day trial period to complain about service, and hinted at the fact that without good home service we would be cancelling all 8 lines.

They could not send out an Airave fast enough, for free. Now if I could just keep the neighbors from walking out in the street to use my improved signal....

4. esthernrob

esthernrob Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    i deliver the nectar of the gods, BEER!
    Upstate, NY
    was unaware of this device until your post... i've had sprint now for just over a year and from day 1 have had terrible service in my home... even roaming most of the time... so i just called and they are sending out a unit @ no charge... of course there is a monthly fee, gotta pay the taxes (thank you government), @ about $2.50 a month... i can handle that... so, thanks again for the post...

5. LittleRedDot

LittleRedDot Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 23, 2011
    I was informed by the sprint tech that the unit was free after an assesment to see if you would actually benefit, if you are in good standing with your account, and of you agree to return the unit no more than 30 days after cancellation of service.

I love love love the gps antenna... It instantly locks my position to within inches.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. esthernrob

None

Feb 9, 2011
    Upstate, NY
    received the airvana yesterday, so far, awesome.... solid, strong signal throughout the house now... haven't tested the gps yet, but 3g downloads and calls are 100% better... it's a shame i didn't know about this a year a go... could have saved myself a lot of headaches...

7. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    When you say it runs off of broadband are you talking about your home/cable/dsl/ whatever you use broadband?
    So if thats the case this runs 3g and calls through your internet instead of through the cell network?

8. esthernrob

None

Feb 9, 2011
    Upstate, NY
    [​IMG]

9. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    Thanks, thats what I thought, and I am sure its great but if your home service is off, say a power outage your SOL the cell would not get you online lmao

10. bbnfbchick

bbnfbchick Newbie
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Female
    Nanny
    Cleveland, Ohio
    My service is with Virgin Mobile. Would VM send an airrave tower or could I call Sprint?

11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    i would start with virgin mobile first. not sure what sprint would do if you called them. you are not signed up with them so they might not care.

Tags: