• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help crash - black screen + flickering brightness sensor

Just wanted to share a weird thing that happened with my galaxy s2...

I was on my way home from work, I had it in my bag... When I got home and picked up the phone, the screen was black and I would think it is the famous wake from sleep fail that I already experienced once before, but in addition to the black screen, the brightness sensor was erraticly flickering with a faint red light.

When I left my workplace my battery was at 31%, half hour later, after I removed the battery and turned on the phone (those seconds of holding the power button in anticipation after the phone crashed are sheer terror ;) ) the battery was at 15%;

When I checked logs, both Systempanel and battery monitor weren't recording anything during that period of 30mins... As if the phone was off.

I wonder what could cause something like that? Anyone ever experienced a similar situation? My phone is responsibly underclocked- any chance it could cause such error?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones