1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

crash course??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adf527, Dec 30, 2012.

1. adf527

adf527 Newbie

Ok well anyone know of where i can get a quick crash course on.building roms.i know it aint easy at all but i figure since all the devs are movin on to bigger and better things we need nee people to come up.cause i cant afford to upgrade ,so im willing to learn,infact enjoy it.and it keeps me outta trouble

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EagerestWolf

EagerestWolf Android Enthusiast

source.android.com <-- Building from source.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1801690 <-- Modifying existing ROMs

That is your best resource. We are still here by the way. Idrifta is working on a new version of number 2. PG is assisting me with an ICS kernel. Kanaida is working on his stuff off and on. We are all still here...just quiet atm.

adf527, Shatterproof and schemppjr80 like this.
  3. justenjoy

justenjoy Well-Known Member

4. EagerestWolf

Must be on your end. Both links open for me.

5. justenjoy

justenjoy Well-Known Member

Must have been cause it opens fine for me now ^_^

6. adf527

adf527 Newbie

I know you guys havent all gone and its completely understandable when u all do.just noticed its really quiet these days.ive been readin like 10 times a day at least for 6months or so.in fact connect all things root is my homepage whenever i press my lil browser i go rite here and see whats changed in the 5 minutes ive been away.and thank you for those links im goin to study up rite now

7. EagerestWolf

Yw. I will say that when programming from source, a working knowledge of c or c++ helps a lot (since c++ is based on c the two are pretty similar).

adf527 likes this.
  8. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger

another way to learn is just to try... trial and error, learn things as you go :D

9. adf527

adf527 Newbie

Well since my level of knowledge is pretty low,trial and error sounds more my style anyways,with alot of errors im sure.but that method fits the title better

10. adf527

adf527 Newbie

By the way,i got that first link to work for a second but any other try it says not found

11. adf527

adf527 Newbie

Scratch that last one i got the link to go but only the links in quotes.thank you again

12. EagerestWolf

No prob. These are how I learned but I know some C/C++ so that helped me.

13. adf527

adf527 Newbie

I enjoy learning new things.it keeps me entertained and fills the void of work due to injury and no t.v. in 4 years

14. adf527

adf527 Newbie

I enjoy learning new things.it keeps me outta trouble and fills the void of work due to injury and no t.v. in 4 years

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews