• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root crash course??

Ok well anyone know of where i can get a quick crash course on.building roms.i know it aint easy at all but i figure since all the devs are movin on to bigger and better things we need nee people to come up.cause i cant afford to upgrade ,so im willing to learn,infact enjoy it.and it keeps me outta trouble

Ok well anyone know of where i can get a quick crash course on.building roms.i know it aint easy at all but i figure since all the devs are movin on to bigger and better things we need nee people to come up.cause i cant afford to upgrade ,so im willing to learn,infact enjoy it.and it keeps me outta trouble

source.android.com <-- Building from source.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1801690 <-- Modifying existing ROMs

That is your best resource. We are still here by the way. Idrifta is working on a new version of number 2. PG is assisting me with an ICS kernel. Kanaida is working on his stuff off and on. We are all still here...just quiet atm.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Welcome to Android | Android Open Source <-- Building from source.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1801690 <-- Modifying existing ROMs

That is your best resource. We are still here by the way. Idrifta is working on a new version of number 2. PG is assisting me with an ICS kernel. Kanaida is working on his stuff off and on. We are all still here...just quiet atm.

I know you guys havent all gone and its completely understandable when u all do.just noticed its really quiet these days.ive been readin like 10 times a day at least for 6months or so.in fact connect all things root is my homepage whenever i press my lil browser i go rite here and see whats changed in the 5 minutes ive been away.and thank you for those links im goin to study up rite now

Upvote 0
I know you guys havent all gone and its completely understandable when u all do.just noticed its really quiet these days.ive been readin like 10 times a day at least for 6months or so.in fact connect all things root is my homepage whenever i press my lil browser i go rite here and see whats changed in the 5 minutes ive been away.and thank you for those links im goin to study up rite now

Yw. I will say that when programming from source, a working knowledge of c or c++ helps a lot (since c++ is based on c the two are pretty similar).

Reactions: adf527
Upvote 0
Welcome to Android | Android Open Source <-- Building from source.

By the way,i got that first link to work for a second but any other try it says not found

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones