• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Crashing on all custom roms... need advise

jakkix

Lurker
Feb 16, 2011
I have tried to install some custom roms on my cappy few days ago coz i hav given up on upgrading the effin offical froyo from AT&T. so far I have tried 4 of em but none of them works. :mad:
first I installed the "leaking" froyo one click thingy from designgear, i got it to run for a while but it just random crashes at anytime. Then I tried the cognition 3.04, also got it to run but it crashes even more frequently. So I tried serendipity 5.8, I couldn't even get it to run, it just get stuck on the loading screen right after I flash it. and then I tried Phoenix 2.2.1, same shit, stuck on the loading screen.
Anyone has a similar experience ? any advise what I can do about it? I think its unusual becoz I know there's bug for the custom roms I dun think it can crash that frequently. I already follow all procedure from the xda developer, tried with (and without) rom manger, I even doubt there might be some hardware problem with my cappy... pls help :(

I have tried to install some custom roms on my cappy few days ago coz i hav given up on upgrading the effin offical froyo from AT&T. so far I have tried 4 of em but none of them works. :mad:
first I installed the "leaking" froyo one click thingy from designgear, i got it to run for a while but it just random crashes at anytime. Then I tried the cognition 3.04, also got it to run but it crashes even more frequently. So I tried serendipity 5.8, I couldn't even get it to run, it just get stuck on the loading screen right after I flash it. and then I tried Phoenix 2.2.1, same shit, stuck on the loading screen.
Anyone has a similar experience ? any advise what I can do about it? I think its unusual becoz I know there's bug for the custom roms I dun think it can crash that frequently. I already follow all procedure from the xda developer, tried with (and without) rom manger, I even doubt there might be some hardware problem with my cappy... pls help :(
What steps are you taking to flash? You really do need to do a master clear and start fresh. Tell us what you're doing and we can go from there.

Upvote 0
I actually tried with diff method, but basically i follow the steps from the video showed on [GUIDE] How to Install a custom ROM *NOW WITH VIDEOS* - xda-developers

procedure: flash it back to stock with odin3 "I897UCJF6-final-OCD-REV0", do "master clear", paste the clockwork recovery as update.zip and the rom, flash it

the only difference is that when I flash the cog3.04 I use the "ROM manager" for the clockwork recovery, then when I notice the crashing I flash the serendipity5.8 and phoenix2.2.1 with the clockwork recovery downloaded from the post above (i.e NO rom manager).

I dun think it can b a bad download coz I hav already tried 4 different roms...

Upvote 0
I actually tried with diff method, but basically i follow the steps from the video showed on [GUIDE] How to Install a custom ROM *NOW WITH VIDEOS* - xda-developers

procedure: flash it back to stock with odin3 "I897UCJF6-final-OCD-REV0", do "master clear", paste the clockwork recovery as update.zip and the rom, flash it

the only difference is that when I flash the cog3.04 I use the "ROM manager" for the clockwork recovery, then when I notice the crashing I flash the serendipity5.8 and phoenix2.2.1 with the clockwork recovery downloaded from the post above (i.e NO rom manager).

I dun think it can b a bad download coz I hav already tried 4 different roms...

When you have flashed back to stock in between ROMs, did you ever see if the stock flash was giving you any problems?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones