1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Crashing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by whatnow, Jun 27, 2011.

1. whatnow

whatnow Lurker

Hi everyone,
    I have a epic 4g, and for no apparent reason the screen slowly starts to fade and no functions work. I have to remove and reinstall battery. I have tried resetting the phone, that didn't work and I just received a replacement and it still happens. And as I stated if happens regardless of the app I'm using; whether I'm texting, playing chess, or reading email, or whatever.
    Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast

Sounds like you might have a rouge app. Try installing watchdog lite (a free app on the market) and see if it alerts you to any apps that are using too much resources.

3. Adrift

Adrift Android Enthusiast

What do you mean by "no functions work"? Home button doesnt work? Power/screen on-off button doesnt work?

4. badankles

badankles Android Expert

i agree with the suspected app, especially when it's doing the same on your second phone. if you don't know which app, then do the reset and just let it run as-is afterwards before installing any 3rd-party apps. when the screen times out, you should be able to wake with the power button.

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews