• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CRAZY Battery Problems..

zachary825

Lurker
Feb 28, 2012
Well, I got my LG Connect from Craigslist.. Maybe not a good deal now since the battery is driving me nuts.
It seemed to be working before, charging okay the day I got it. But then I noticed that it started charging slow and whatnot and I dealt with it.
Then, I rooted my phone and have the BrokenOut ROM.
Then I thought my charger that came with it was having problems so I bought a new one on ebay, OKAY, no big deal.
I ALSO bought backup batteries because it kept dying fast.
The charger was working perfectly once I got it from ebay. The app I downloaded (battery indicator pro) shows when it is charging, and discharging and whatnot.
But its starting back up again recently.

THE PROBLEM: I plug in the charger - Battery Indicator Pro shows the status of the battery CHARGING, then a few seconds later, DISCHARGING, then maybe a little later, FULLY CHARGED when its at a LOW percentage. It keeps repeating in no specific order. I then unplug it and replug it and it just keeps doing it.. It is doing it now.. Can charge it for HOURS (Even overnight) and it is only at like 50%... It charges EXTREMELY slow because it is obviously being interupted some how.. I even ALOT see, as the phone is plugged in "supposedly" charging, I see the battery go down..

ALSO, the batteries die EXTREMELY FAST. Besides the charging issue, they die so fast. I can charge the batteries with a wall charger as well.. But it still is annoying to see my phone plugged in and as I text, I see the battery go down...
A full 100% battery is gone in 2 hours or 3 maybe. I can just see the charge shooting down. I go through at least 3 batteries a day, and I do have 4g on and all I do is text and stuff. I dont do much! What is wrong with this phone? It is amazing in all other aspects, but I guess I might have to deal with this because I bought this phone off of craigslist..
Please help!
Is it the micro usb port? Because I must have tried at least 5 chargers (from previous phones) and they all do the same thing, charging then stopping then starting and then I see it go down..
THANK YOU!

My battery was acting like this. It was actually going down even with the cable plugged in. I don't know exactly what I did to fix it because I did a bunch of things. I installed a new rom wiping the battery stat. And I find that it doesn't charge well when it's hot. To alleviate the heat you will need to turn down the cpu speed.

You will need to root your phone and install a custom recovery. You don't gotta worry about the risks of doing so. The warnings in the root threads are just there... Kind of like the warning labels on bleach bottles. Sure there's a danger if you drink it... So unless you're the type to drink bleach you won't mess up your phone.

Upvote 0
what you're describing sounds close to identical to my current problem. I've used different batteries and different chargers. seems the problem is in the charging port. I have to some amount of pressure on the port for it to charge (line bending down bending up).

It has stopped charging at night, weird, I know. If I leave it plugged in at say 50-70% charged, it will be completely drained come morning. Also, REALLY weird and maybe just a coincidence, but it seems to no longer actually charge in airplane mode.

Mine will do the flash from charging, fully charged, no charge within two seconds.
I am not tech savvy and would appreciate some input from those that are before I walk into Metro PCS store.

Anyone had to replace port? suggestions? anything appreciated. cj

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones