• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Crazy home Screen Behavior when plugged in

falltime

Nov 30, 2009
I just discovered this issue - it may be only relevant to 2.1 since I upgraded (or to something else entirely) but when my Eris is plugged in and I use it the Home Screen seems to act crazy - well not that crazy - just that with motion the Homes Screens roll "left( that is to the left most screen) almost like I am using the track ball (but only in one direction) - unplug it and it works fine - its not a major issue but a wierd one - anyone else notice this behavior.

I didn't realize that this was a known problem. Mine is doing the same thing, but it's unpredictable. And it will do it when unplugged, although plugging it in almost guarantees a left scroll. I even did a factory reset, thinking it was an app issue. Mine also sometimes jumps the cursor around while I am trying to tweet or message someone...talk about annoying!

And the only cable I use is the factory charger that came with the phone!

Upvote 0
I didn't realize that this was a known problem. Mine is doing the same thing, but it's unpredictable. And it will do it when unplugged, although plugging it in almost guarantees a left scroll. I even did a factory reset, thinking it was an app issue. Mine also sometimes jumps the cursor around while I am trying to tweet or message someone...talk about annoying!

And the only cable I use is the factory charger that came with the phone!

If it is doing this when the phone is unplugged then you have something going on with the trackball or the screen. The charger problem would not effect the phone after it is unplugged.

Upvote 0
OTD, I followed your advice and took it to a corporate store. The tech looked at it, found another tech who used the Eris personally, and both agreed that it was freaky. I actually wonder if the accelerometer wasn't part of the problem...no way to know, I guess. Anyway, Verizon is shipping me a replacement phone, so hopefully my problem is solved....we'll see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones