• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

coorsbear

Mar 29, 2010
I just found this in the market yesterday. It is a home replacement. It seems smooth and quick so far. The coolest part is it supports up to three themes at the same time. By swiping up or down you can change your theme. You can also add screens right and left, it starts with 3. It seems to support most themes. This one is fun give it a try. There is a lite version in the market also. This is my favorite so far. Though I do like the cube transitions in GDE.:)

This looks pretty sweet, but I'm waiting for root before I try a new home app. Since you cannot disable Sense, I don't want another home app running while Sense is. I don't feel like the Eris has enough resources to do this. It's the same reason I won't use the stock Android home.

If they root 2.1, though - I may try this out and just go back to the signed 2.1 if I don't like it.

Upvote 0
This looks pretty sweet, but I'm waiting for root before I try a new home app. Since you cannot disable Sense, I don't want another home app running while Sense is. I don't feel like the Eris has enough resources to do this. It's the same reason I won't use the stock Android home.

FWIW, my phone (running 1.5), while running Home, has HTC Sense cached and inactive, meaning that it takes no resources until you restart it. While running normal Home, my phone runs faster, with little lag, and System Panel typically shows around 30 MB free RAM at any time. With Sense UI running as the home app, it tends to be far laggier, and there is typically between 20 and 25 MB free RAM at any given time.

I haven't tried this home replacement, but it won't hurt to try another home app, and you can always uninstall it if you are not happy with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones