• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root crDroid 4.4.4

Relyt2012

Android Enthusiast
Aug 19, 2014
United States
lI3P2If.png

Meant for galaxy exhibit t599, t599n, t599v

Based on cm11 by @dadcup

For screenshots check under "Ported from s3 mini"

dont lock while in camera "system ui crashes and rom needs reflash idk why"
tell me

@dadcup for cm11
maker of the rom on xda for crdroid
My little brother for porting the rom for you.

This device now has 356mb dalvik vmheapsize
This makes the phone much faster and smoother :)

*Installation*
boot into recovery
backup(if you choose to)
Wipe all except for extsdcard
Flash rom and gapp's
reboot and enjoy

To fix lockscreen issues turn off lock screen sounds under. settings app/ sounds scroll down / untick lock sounds
Any other issues comment below

Last edited:
lI3P2If.png

Meant for galaxy exhibit t599, t599n, t599v

Based on cm11 by @dadcup

For screenshots check under "Ported from s3 mini"

dont lock while in camera "system ui crashes and rom needs reflash idk why"
tell me

@dadcup for cm11
maker of the rom on xda for crdroid
My little brother for porting the rom for you.

This device now has 356mb dalvik vmheapsize
This makes the phone much faster and smoother :)

*Installation*
boot into recovery
backup(if you choose to)
Wipe all except for extsdcard
Flash rom and gapp's
reboot and enjoy

Any other issues comment below
Doesn't boot stays at the samsung galaxy exhibit sgh-t599n banner

Upvote 0
Works fine for me for a lil while then the system UI starts steady crashing upon unlocking so that's where you're lockscreen issue is coming from, system UI is being a dick.. I actually really like this Rom it has most of the features I love especially all the navbar toys. I've grown to love that damn on screen navbar even on small phones and all the double tap, long press, etc.. Actions are useful as hell to me, even the nav ring is awesome. Most roms based off cm don't have that many options for the nav past kitkat.. Still can't find enough reasons to like 5.+ more than kk, and my favorite overall still is jb ..oh yes those sweet lil cool beans... Cool beans bros lol

Upvote 0
Unusable for me. Tapping on "Mobile Networks" in settings, to try and set my apn, gives me two "Open With:" options. Selecting either one shows a black screen. Tried various shortcuts from the play store to get into APN settings, but nothing seems to work. Phone is T599n with T599NUVAOH1 baseband.
Have you tried "quick shortcut maker"? You can make a shortcut to literally every single setting, action, or activity on your phone. You'll find sh.t you had no clue was there, just be mindful what you click on

Upvote 0
We can look into fixing portions of the rom. However i think these are issues from the actual rom from the s3 mini.
Ahh well that blows lol every time I find a good kk rom that has everything I like there's always issues with it, then again I'm a real feature whore, I like having every single lil aspect of a Rom to be tweak able. And the more sh.t you add the more room for problems there is. So far I think the carbon Rom is holding up the best outta the kk Roms. I just wish I could find a working JB Rom download link.. All the ones on xda are dead

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones