• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Creaking Noise

parkschr

Android Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2010
Ohio
I have been reading that the rezound has some issues with creaking coming from the back while holding the phone. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I plan to upgrade soon and am looking for the best android phone from verizon.

Are there any other issues you guys are having that I might want to investigate more?

Thanks.

I have been reading that the rezound has some issues with creaking coming from the back while holding the phone. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I plan to upgrade soon and am looking for the best android phone from verizon.

Are there any other issues you guys are having that I might want to investigate more?

Thanks.
No creaking at all on the Rezound I have. Where did you read this?

Upvote 0
my left side creaks. the right side does only a bit. it's from taking the battery over off a lot. It started after i was taking it inand off one day when I had that issue where it was bootlooping. kind of annoying, but the case doesn't make it creak as much. if you push in on it that's when it creaks.. it's the sound of the plastic of the back cover rubbing against the plastic of the phone.

Upvote 0
my left side creaks. the right side does only a bit. it's from taking the battery over off a lot. It started after i was taking it inand off one day when I had that issue where it was bootlooping. kind of annoying, but the case doesn't make it creak as much. if you push in on it that's when it creaks.. it's the sound of the plastic of the back cover rubbing against the plastic of the phone.

I can see that happening, the cover seems flimsy. I was afraid I'd break it both times I've had it off.

Upvote 0
Same here. Left side creaks a tad, although cover has only been off once.

Not a big deal. Phone seems very solid, to me.

Mine creaks pretty bad. Also on the left side right in the middle were my thumb is. Some times the person on the other end of the conversion can hear it also. When i have my case on then you don't here it. HTC is sending me another cover and I hope it will fix it but I am not sure it will because it does it with the original cover and the extended battery cover. What I have tried and it helps reduce it is I folded a piece of paper a couple of times and placed it on top of the battery and it made the cover snap on tighter. You shouldn't have to do that. Now I am back to having my case back on so I don't have to listen to it.

Upvote 0
Good idea about the paper but you're right, shouldn't have to do that.

I remember people were doing that on the OG droid to try and keep the back cover from coming off. That back cover was a poor design and people were losing there covers left and right. There for a while it was so bad Verizon was giving covers out for free. When I get my new cover that HTC is sending me and it still creaks that makes me believe it has something to do with the part the back cover snaps to. If that's the case the only thing I guess a person can do is to exchange it for a referb. I will keep the case on before I do that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones