1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Creaking on the right side

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Germwise, May 27, 2011.

1. Germwise

Germwise Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    I'm finding that the right side of my transformer creaks a lot when I handle it. I suspect its not just the back moving the but little silver bezel thats moving.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm not sure if its serious enough to get an exchange.

Advertisement

2. AngryDeadHorse

AngryDeadHorse Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 24, 2010
    I just got one the other day and noticed some slight creaking too. I think mine was on the left side.

Overall, I like the transformer but it definitely feels a little cheap to me and I'm not a fan of the brown border.

3. mihaelb

mihaelb Well-Known Member
    None

May 4, 2011
    I think it's the back moving against the border as you press hard on it (as the plastic back is a bit flexible). I don't mind it.

I like the brown myself, as it looks like a nice metalic finish (as opposed to the cheap aluminum look of the ipad, for example, that's everywhere these days), and especially so under fluorescent lights when I go to a client site with it.

4. mobimop

mobimop Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 14, 2010
    Yeah mine creaks on the left hand side, also have light leaks and I can apply pressure to see them come and go. Not the highest quality manufacturing process.

5. fodd3r

fodd3r Newbie
    None

Apr 24, 2010
    Mines got a creak on the left side, The bezel is slightly loose, I mulled over returning it but for the price of it i dont think it's worth it. I just wanted to see what Honeycomb look liked really and it's done that nicely.

6. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Android Expert
    None

May 17, 2010
    technical illustrator
    UK
    I think the build quality is excellent actually, a bit of creaking isnt anything to worry about, better to have a bit of give in it than have the plastic crack from the pressure :0). the transformer feels very solid compared to a lot of other tech, tablets and netbooks included.
    The glass is gorilla glass and the bezel is metal. I'm happy with the over all feel of the transformer.

7. mobimop

mobimop Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 14, 2010
    I don't agree the build quality is horrible. I could literally stick my fingernail in the gap on the left hand side between the glass and the frame, the right hand side was fine. Light leaks are caused by poor workmanship. I was able to exchange my TF101 and no longer do I have these issues. Thankfully the assembly line that day wasn't a Friday in Taiwan!

8. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Android Expert
    None

May 17, 2010
    technical illustrator
    UK
    I must have got a good one then :0)