• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Creaking on the right side

Germwise

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
I'm finding that the right side of my transformer creaks a lot when I handle it. I suspect its not just the back moving the but little silver bezel thats moving.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm not sure if its serious enough to get an exchange.

I think it's the back moving against the border as you press hard on it (as the plastic back is a bit flexible). I don't mind it.

I like the brown myself, as it looks like a nice metalic finish (as opposed to the cheap aluminum look of the ipad, for example, that's everywhere these days), and especially so under fluorescent lights when I go to a client site with it.

Upvote 0
I think the build quality is excellent actually, a bit of creaking isnt anything to worry about, better to have a bit of give in it than have the plastic crack from the pressure :0). the transformer feels very solid compared to a lot of other tech, tablets and netbooks included.
The glass is gorilla glass and the bezel is metal. I'm happy with the over all feel of the transformer.

Upvote 0
I think the build quality is excellent actually, a bit of creaking isnt anything to worry about, better to have a bit of give in it than have the plastic crack from the pressure :0). the transformer feels very solid compared to a lot of other tech, tablets and netbooks included.
The glass is gorilla glass and the bezel is metal. I'm happy with the over all feel of the transformer.

I don't agree the build quality is horrible. I could literally stick my fingernail in the gap on the left hand side between the glass and the frame, the right hand side was fine. Light leaks are caused by poor workmanship. I was able to exchange my TF101 and no longer do I have these issues. Thankfully the assembly line that day wasn't a Friday in Taiwan!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones