• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Create a magazine without publishing in app store

purmar

Lurker
Aug 11, 2012
Hello Everybody,
I have been looking around how to do this but still cannot find a solution.

My client is ordering 200 Android tablets. They want to create a magazine like presentation that the client would read, ideally scroll like a website, and flipped to the left to find another page. I found some services that allow me to create a magazine but looks like all take care of the distribution. I do not want such app to be available on Google Play. I simply want to upload it to each tablet, install with an icon on the front screen, and done. The app would simply show photos, graphics, text, if lucky, then video. There would links to websites. Done.

I downloaded Android Studio, but with my limited programming experience, that is way too much for me. I can handle Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, some PHP, but that is about it.

Could anybody point me to a solution that would create an interactive magazine for limited (read not mass) distribution?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones