1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General create new mail folder

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by inline6power, Feb 26, 2010.

1. inline6power

inline6power Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    how do you creat a new folder in the stock mail wiget? i have a couple of e mails i want to save on my phone but the only folders it will let me put them in is trash, draft, or inbox. how do i creat a folder and put e mails into them? thanks.

Advertisement

2. allensull

allensull Member

Feb 5, 2010
    I have wondered about this as well, but so far have not found a way to do it.

Allen

3. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Any folder you create in your computer email app will appear in your Eris mail app like magic ;)

4. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Mechanic
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    That worked in with my Gmail account but my other email address I couldn't create that new folder. I ended up forwarding mail I want to save on my phone from my regular email account to my Gmail account and then save it in the folder that I could get to "Magically Appear"..

Just my solution.........

5. allensull

allensull Member

Feb 5, 2010
    I use a pop3 account and only use Gmail to store my calendar and contacts. I wish there was a way we could make folders for our pop3 email accounts.

Allen

6. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Mechanic
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Yes, my "other" email account is a pop3 and I can't create a folder there. I believe it's just one of those shot comings of the program that haven't been addressed yet. I'm not a programmer but I think adding a commend to create optional folders wouldn't be that big of a deal. I'm sure it will come in time....... Lets us hope at least........... :eek:

7. allensull

allensull Member

Feb 5, 2010
    I love the phone and I hope they do make the change where we can add folders to our pop accounts.

Allen