• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Create your own Beautiful Home skin? Step inside, please...

cggorman

Android Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2010
I'm building my own skin for Beautiful Widgets beautiful home and smaller home. It's 90%, but I still have a few bugs and tweaks to work thru.

I'd love to ask questions of those who've come before.

The tweak involves making some changes the developer doesn't endorse, so that's why I'm here instead of there. Want to change the art for the static weather. I already got the large animated stuff changed. That was easy. I'm hung on the non-animated one.

The bugs involve the background not rendering for Smaller Home. Works fine for regular Home in both portrait and landscape.

Also want to tweak my AM/PM labels. Already got the dots how I want them (PITA, BTW), but still need to do a little work on the AM/PM. I think I just need to scale them up and pad the image border here and there.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones