1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Create Your Own Theme

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WeeWilly, Oct 13, 2017.

1. WeeWilly

WeeWilly Android Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Rescue, California
    Here's a link to an article about an app that lets you theme more than 35 system application overlays and more than 10 third-party applications’ overlays. In addition, a universal selector for having either a “Light” theme or a “Dark” theme activated is available as well. Moreover, there’s more than a thousand pre-defined colors to pick from coupled with an archive of all the themes’ source files.

Advertisement

marctronixx, TrueFangz and w8wca like this.
  2. TrueFangz

TrueFangz Android Enthusiast

Oct 21, 2013
    Male
    USA
    Thanks man, been looking for something like this for a hell of a long time. Will try it out this weekend!

Meh. Just tried it out a little while ago and did a couple experiments. It's just kinda cool in my opinion. While the concept and idea is great, there's really not a lot of control you have when it comes to customization. Can set primary color, statusbar color, and an accent color. You can choose some apps heading colors, like FB, many google apps, etc. But that's about it. I haven't seen any options to set custom backgrounds of individual apps like the phone dialer, etc. Also the icons in the quick settings, would be nice to be able to select a on and off color for all toggles actually, but I don't believe any of this is possible.

The best part is that there are tons of free fonts to download, and I also learned how to disable the theme store so I can enable it, download a trial theme, disable the store, and I can use trial mode without expiration. :cool:

Hmm, just got a notification from the play store that this app has been suspended. I clicked to view the whole notification but accidentally dismissed it, so I'm not clear on the reason.

marctronixx and WeeWilly like this.
  3. WeeWilly

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Rescue, California
    I'm sorry I posted the link to the article.

marctronixx likes this.
  4. J_Hansen

J_Hansen Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Well it's there again if it's the right one I downloaded, haven't tried it yet but like the idea od creating a few simple themes yourself

5. WeeWilly

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Rescue, California
    If you create your own theme or use .XDA-made Samsung themes and .have a problem with the Samsung Themes Store automatically reverting to a stock theme after every reboot, XDA Developers have a theme service killer that should solve the problem.

6. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Android Expert

Oct 8, 2010
    Male
    Hypnotherapist
    Puerto Pollo
    Will it remove the battery icon for me, or does it merely overlay?

I've tried System UI but it requires CMD line shinanigans that I should not be encouraged to mess with.

#6 InfernalByte, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  7. ChristiC

ChristiC Lurker
    None

Oct 27, 2017
    Female
    Italie
    Thanks, I have been looking for something like this as well. Love the fact that you get so much more freedom with Android.

marctronixx likes this.
  8. TrueFangz

TrueFangz Android Enthusiast

Oct 21, 2013
    Male
    USA
    No, it's very limited as to what you can do. Only a few color mods and font selection. (possibly some sounds too if I remember right.)

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Welcome to the Galaxy Note 8 Forum where you'll find help, tips, tricks, accessories, reviews, and more for Samsung's S-Pen enabled smartphone. With a 6.3-inch screen, 6GB RAM, 8MP/12MP front & back cameras and a whole lot more- the Galaxy Note 8 is an absolute BEAST!