• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Create Your Own Theme

WeeWilly

Android Enthusiast
Oct 14, 2015
Rescue, California
pittstop.com
Here's a link to an article about an app that lets you theme more than 35 system application overlays and more than 10 third-party applications’ overlays. In addition, a universal selector for having either a “Light” theme or a “Dark” theme activated is available as well. Moreover, there’s more than a thousand pre-defined colors to pick from coupled with an archive of all the themes’ source files.

Thanks man, been looking for something like this for a hell of a long time. Will try it out this weekend!

Meh. Just tried it out a little while ago and did a couple experiments. It's just kinda cool in my opinion. While the concept and idea is great, there's really not a lot of control you have when it comes to customization. Can set primary color, statusbar color, and an accent color. You can choose some apps heading colors, like FB, many google apps, etc. But that's about it. I haven't seen any options to set custom backgrounds of individual apps like the phone dialer, etc. Also the icons in the quick settings, would be nice to be able to select a on and off color for all toggles actually, but I don't believe any of this is possible.

The best part is that there are tons of free fonts to download, and I also learned how to disable the theme store so I can enable it, download a trial theme, disable the store, and I can use trial mode without expiration. :cool:

Hmm, just got a notification from the play store that this app has been suspended. I clicked to view the whole notification but accidentally dismissed it, so I'm not clear on the reason.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones