• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Creates .exe file in mem. card when connected to PC

I am using Galaxy 5 GT-I5503. Whenever i connect my phone to PC it creates .exe files in my memory card with the names of folders present in my card..

Example:If i have two folders in my card named as 'Music' and 'Videos' after connection with PC it adds two files named as 'Music.exe' and 'Videos.exe' in the card.

However, there wasn't any such problem when i bought my phone but it suddenly started few weeks before..

I Reset phone settings and even formatted the mem. card but no change..

Can some one plz advice what's the problem with my phone..:thinking:

Thank You.

Hi,

Your problem is not on the phone itself. It's just that the SD card has been infected with a virus. The virus is autorun.inf. Plug your phone and choose the option as memory stick only. Run free anti-spyware programs such as malwarebytes. Before running the said application, make sure that your computer is showing hidden files by doing this: open my computer -> click tools then options-> go to view and from there look for the option that says show hidden files then put a radio button beside it. Worse case scenario is to reformat ur SD card to remove the virus(this would be the last option)

Upvote 0
Wow. This solution was hard to find but only because the post title wasn't worded as I see it.
I only mention what my problem was here to ease the search and make it easier for others to figure this out too.

When I plug in my phone in via USB to access the storage I can't access the files and folders. It only shows shortcuts to the folders that are on the card. When clicked they cannot be opened. This also happens if I plug the SD card in directly with a card reader. The problem only started a while ago.

I was finally able to access my folders via the following instructions.
Plug your phone and choose the option as memory stick only. Run free anti-spyware programs such as malwarebytes. Before running the said application, make sure that your computer is showing hidden files by doing this: open my computer -> click tools then options-> go to view and from there look for the option that says show hidden files then put a radio button beside it.

Thanks to androidforums.com and community.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones