1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Creating a Background

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by VizualProphet, Feb 10, 2011.

1. VizualProphet

VizualProphet Well-Known Member

Hey guys I want to create my own background to customise my Desire. It's going to have graphics inbedded on the background so I can use clear icons to turn them into icons. Therefore I need to know the exact dimensions to make the background. I'm basing it on having 3 homescreens & setting LauncherPro to 7 columns & 7 rows.

How would I work out what the dimensions of the image needs to be?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Well it would need to be 480x800 and you'll need an app so you can set one wall paper per home screen.

The normal scrolling one is 960x800 but this is no good for what you want.

3. VizualProphet

VizualProphet Well-Known Member

Thanks man, could you recommend an app?

4. SUroot

I dont do it myself, but I THINK one has been mentioned (possibly by deanshep) in the last few pages of teh homescreens thread?

deanshep85 likes this.
  5. deanshep85

deanshep85 Android Expert

thanks dan :D

yea if you want to use multiple wallpapers per screen you need multi live wallpaper app off the market place...

and the dimensions for EACH seperate screen are 240 width by 400 height...NOT the native desire resolution but this is obviously because we're splitting to ONE wallpaper per 'screen'

Dan if you use 480x800 you would end up having to crop the images I believe..as I've used 240x400 and they fit perfectly with no artifacts in the image and no stretching.

6. SUroot

Thats weird, cause when i replaced my splash screen or create bootanimations they must be 480x800 (which is the one screen resolution).

1 screen is 480x800. Multiple is 960x800.

As I say, i dont use these apps so no idea why that is.

7. deanshep85

maybe for those the phone resizes or something but I know all my 'seperate' screen themes....my LCARS star trek theme and the one with the 'sidebar and dockbar' all were 240 x 400 screens and they didnt stretch or shrink at all...and they had no extra space whatsoever with then round edges...

interesting...:D

oh...word to the wise for the OP if using 7x7 for columns and rows...thats really going to mess up some widgets and fonts with somethings..I use 5x5 and I have noticed with the text on icons and such being shrunk and messed up...same with certain widgets etc...

granted I know you said your going to create the wallpapers ESPECIALLY to have clear icons on top...so not a problem for you unless you may use widgets..

8. SUroot

No it will be the opposite.

For those (which are pre-android shell boot up) they are at the correct native resolution and no resizing is taking place. They will not be visible at any other resolution, so its more likely an issue with that app ;)

9. deanshep85

possibly, its just you dont notice any kind of resizing with it...I would say I'd test it with a 480 x 800 pic but.....well I have my classical gas inspired custom theme right now...and well cant be arsed lol

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews