• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Creating a boot animation, start to finish.

Thank you but 512 256 this is not the dimensions for the Evo. And yeah just like you saw no change when changing your same numbers it is the same in my case. I changed the fps to 30 and got the same black and white screen

Did u figure out how to change from 7z to zip.....yet ..before u drag your files over there is an an option to chose. Zip. 7z or. Tar......I can't remember where is at....I will be home in bout an HR... I will find it post back

Upvote 0
yo that setting is right above the one u use to change the compression.. when the window pops up the first one is archive formate. click .zip

Yeah I did I had already done that today when I posted earlier telling you I knew that was probably the setting that was off and that 7zip wasnt the problem Thanks again thought.

I finally found out what was the problem why I was getting that white and black screen for anyone else getting this. Its so stupid and ******ed on my part I cant believe I missed it. On fotosizer there is a box on the right next to the two boxes where you put your width and height sizes. It has to be on px and not percentage which it has been this whole time. That is what was messing up any of the videos I would try to convert and never really saw it or payed attention to that setting.

Now the issue I having is with the fps. I tried 60 30 and they are both very slow. I first tried with only 20 to 40 frames and going from 30 to 60 I really didnt see an improvement. So I figured I would convert the whole 8 second clip which about 620 frames and no change on speed or fps. Iam not understanding this at all. I even tried going up to 100 which I dont think is possible but tried just to see what happened no difference. Its so slow the matching sound get ahead with in the first 2 seconds.

Let me know what you think.

Upvote 0
thought i did everything to a T but, still nothing... :mad:
i took apart a bootanimation that i DL'ed somewhere to take a look see at that... the stills where all in JPG not PNG... could that be where i'm messing up??? gonna switch them and give it a try...
and..
what is the recommended FPS ..... i see alot with 60... guess i'll stick with that, try it... unless informed otherwise...
i'll GIT-R-DUN eventually....

EDIT - not the greatest, but i did it.... first one.... kinda DUH material i picked but, what the hey....
Peter doing "the bird is the word"
0000gh.jpg

bootanimation-family guy.zip

Upvote 0
Now the problem Iam seeing another problem with order of the images besides the 60 fps that are running very slow when played in the animation.

The problem I have now is when I put my finishes resized images in order in part0 folder they are fine when I than move all three files over the 7zip window and make them into a zip folder. I go into the part0 folder and the images get all out of order for crazy reason. I have tired to go into view and reorder than with all the settings that are available and nothing changes the order which just doesnt make any sense what so ever. When I send the folder to my phone it plays but like I said very slow definitely not at 60 fps when it is set for 60fps. And than the unordered images get played making the whole animation looks beyond wrong. Anyone have a fix or info or have experienced this.

Upvote 0
Now the problem Iam seeing another problem with order of the images besides the 60 fps that are running very slow when played in the animation.

The problem I have now is when I put my finishes resized images in order in part0 folder they are fine when I than move all three files over the 7zip window and make them into a zip folder. I go into the part0 folder and the images get all out of order for crazy reason. I have tired to go into view and reorder than with all the settings that are available and nothing changes the order which just doesnt make any sense what so ever. When I send the folder to my phone it plays but like I said very slow definitely not at 60 fps when it is set for 60fps. And than the unordered images get played making the whole animation looks beyond wrong. Anyone have a fix or info or have experienced this.
did you rename your files to start with example_0000.png, example_0001.png... i had problems at first renaming mine, but decided to just rename them 0000.jpg and so on... that should keep them in order... as far as the 60fps, my animation seems to lag a bit in the beginning, first 3 to 5 seconds kinda "stutter" but after that they go right along... i need to research my vid files as to what the original fps was and try to match that and see how it comes out...

Upvote 0
did you rename your files to start with example_0000.png, example_0001.png... i had problems at first renaming mine, but decided to just rename them 0000.jpg and so on... that should keep them in order... as far as the 60fps, my animation seems to lag a bit in the beginning, first 3 to 5 seconds kinda "stutter" but after that they go right along... i need to research my vid files as to what the original fps was and try to match that and see how it comes out...

Yeah I did. I rename the movie file boot_0 before I convert the images.

Upvote 0
Sorry fellas.....no time between being very sick and heavy workload. Looks like some progress is being made tho!

Yay!

youre all good bro!!! you know, im not sure if i just missed this in the op, but ardchiolle has pointed out that we hafta set the compression to store in 7Zip... that seemed to be the fly in the ointment

edit cuz i was insensitive: youve been sick ta boot? sheesh!! get some rest man!! drink some oj, have some soup, but you get you better!!

Upvote 0
any ideas as to which roms support bootanimation audio?

edit: i tried ESIII (the best sense rom i could think of) i just dont wanna go thru like 7 of em if someone already knows for sure one that works:D thanks in advance you awesome forumites!!

All of them can..... however some of them the dev. Left it out .. but u can flash a mod to fix it..... I found it over at xda let me see if I can find it again

Upvote 0
I haver attached a file here and havent seen where the attachment icon is

Iam asking because I thought you have to upload it to file sharing sitand than post the link

If you click the new reply button on the left it will take you to another screen and the attachment options are near the bottom, lists file types possible and sizes...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones