• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Creating a folder within 'albums'?

Sammy

Aug 28, 2009
Hi, I just got this phone yesterday, so this maybe a really stupid question, but when I plug the Hero into the computer via USB, there is an DCIM file for photos, but when I create a new folder (with my computer) in this folder, it does not appear in the phone's album application.
Why is this?

Is there another way to do it?

Thanks!

Hiya,

Just figured this out last night. The DCIM folder is for pictures that the Camera has taken and therefore anything in there will appear in the camera album.

What I did was to make a Pictures folder on my SD card and then subfolders in that for each album that I want.

The main thing is that the DCIM folder is considered the Camera Album.

Also, I had to delete the .thumbnails directory in the DCIM folder before the Albums app to clear its cache.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
Just wanted to say, I joined this forum specifically to ask this question (about my Droid Eris) and I tried this, and it worked! I created a folder in the CD card when I mounted it, and just made sub folders within and they're showing up.

I think there ought to be a way to do this on the phone itself, but this is just as easy for now.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones